Pay online Homepage Opens in new windowThe Village of Clemmons issues the following types of permits: Stormwater Management, Signs, and Driveway.  Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Inspections Division performs all permitting and completes inspections for the Village of Clemmons. For questions regarding inspections, permits, and zoning enforcement, the Inspections Division can be reached by phone at 336-727-2624.

Stormwater Management Permit - All proposed development and redevelopment sites within Clemmons must apply for a Stormwater Management Permit including sites that may be eligible for an exemption from post-construction stormwater quality management. The permit shall be approved and issued by the Village Stormwater Administrator upon demonstrated and approved compliance with applicable watershed protection and stormwater quality and/or quantity management requirements.

Driveway Permit - As a homeowner and/or property owner in Clemmons, you must obtain a Driveway Permit before building a new driveway or reconstructing your current driveway. It is unlawful to break out any street or curb for the purpose of constructing a driveway entrance or to construct any driveway across the grass or sidewalk, without first obtaining your permit. Permits cost $40 for new driveways and $20 for reconstruction. 

Sign Permit - Please note if your sign requires a building and/or an electrical permit you will need to obtain that from the City of Winston-Salem. Their website is here: Clemmons has regulations for signage that can be found here.

Please visit our PERMITTING PORTAL to apply for the above permits.