Help curb pollution in Clemmons! Volunteers needed to mark storm drains in neighborhoods.
The Village of Clemmons' storm drain marking program is a way for volunteers to get involved in improving the water quality of the village's streams and lakes. Markers are placed on storm drains to remind citizens to not dump pollutants into the drains. Informational door hangers will be distributed to nearby residents during the storm drain marking event.
It is a common misunderstanding that stormwater is treated before it reaches our waterways. Many residents pour oil, paint, cigarette butts, yard waste, and other pollutants right into the storm drains because they think the water gets cleaned before it reaches the Yadkin River. That is not how it works and stormwater pollution can seriously impact water quality in Clemmons.
- All volunteers should be at least 10 years of age and will be supervised by one or more adults (21 years or older).
- All volunteers will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the event. Participants under the age of 18 will need to have their parents sign the waiver.
- Groups will be divided into teams of two to five members.
- All markers will be placed within the public rights of way and not on private property.
- All storm drain marking supplies will be furnished by the Village of Clemmons.
If you have a group and are interested in participating in our Storm Drain Marking Program, call 336-766-9170 for more details.